Camp & Conference
Disciples Center at Tawakoni is a camp and conference center owned and operated by the Christian Church in Kansas (Disciples of Christ). Disciples Center is located on the west edge of Augusta (about 1.5 miles north of Hwy 54/400) and is easily accessible from all directions.
Disciples Center provides a variety of facilities and services. Arrangements may be made for Retreats, Reunions, Training Meetings, Class Parties, Anniversary Receptions, etc. All facilities are air-conditioned and handicap-accessible.
Rental Fees are available upon request and vary depending on the size and nature of the group. The facilities are arranged to serve more than one group simultaneously. For further information please contact Associate Regional Minister Steve Martin at
(800) 737-8130 or email@example.com.
Sweeden Leadership Lodge
- Dorm-style sleeping accommodations for 40 people (on two sides)
- Each side has its own bath facilities (2 toilets, 2 showers, 3 sinks); bath units serve as storm shelters in the event of dangerous weather
- Fully air-conditioned
- The Great Room accommodates about 75 people and includes gas fireplace, piano and projection and sound equipment
- Kitchen facilities include: 2 refrigerators, stove, two additional ovens, microwave oven, automatic dish washer, dishes and tableware for about 75 people; gas grill available upon request
- The Director's Suite located on the south side of this building includes: Conference Room accommodating 8-10 people, kitchenette, private bedroom (sleeps up to 3) and private bathroom
- The Dining Hall accommodates 200 people; dining set up is around tables of 8 for up to 144 people
- East end serves as program space (up to 100 in rows), with piano, sound system, projection screen, etc.
- Gas fireplace in program space area
- Food service available
- Fully air-conditioned and Restrooms included
- Perfect for meal functions, receptions, etc.
Chapel (coming soon)
- Will accommodate about 100 people; moveable seating
- Air-conditioned – perfect for small weddings, memorial services, etc.
- Music, Sound, Projection systems all included
Cabin 4 Cabin 2
Cabin 3 Cabin 1
- Four cabins are available. Each cabin has two sides and sleeps 14 per side.
- Each sleeping room has adjacent Bath (2 stools, 2 showers, 3 sinks) and serve as Storm Shelters
- Fully air-conditioned
- Cabin 4 has kitchen facilities to accommodate about 50 people, Commons with wood-burning fireplace
- The Chaplain's Cabin on the east side of Cabin 4 includes sleeping for 1, kitchenette and private bath
- Cabin 2 has Commons with refrigerator, microwave, and sink
- Cabin 2 also has an indoor and outdoor fireplace and covered porch
- The Training Lodge has a large meeting area, 2 dorm rooms (4 in each), Restrooms/Showers, First-Aid Station, Kitchen
- Clergy Cottage (for clergypersons needing personal retreat space) – sleeps 1 or 2 persons in a standard bed; small kitchen fully equipped; private bathroom with shower; tv and dvd/vcr
- Directors' Cabin– sleeps up to 4 persons (2 sides with 2 bathrooms), small commons area
Outdoor Recreation Spaces
- Outdoor Pavilion (Canteen)
- Children's playground, basketball, volleyball, disc golf, etc.
- Challenge Course- High and Low Ropes Course (trained facilitators required- advance arrangement only)
- Hiking trails and Prayer Labyrinth
- Lake Access Santa Fe Lake (300+ acres) canoes & paddle boats available upon request- some fishing
- Three fire-circles
- Outdoor Chapel
- Hayrack ride available upon request
- Picnic Shelter (seats about 50 persons) with grill/smoker available upon request
- Large swimming pool and Bath House (summer only) with large 2-tube slide into the pool!